Financial Controller (Family Office / London)
Based in London, this is an exceptional opportunity to join this single family office that benefits from impeccable credentials. Reporting directly to the Head of the Family Office and liaising closely with the Principal, you will take the lead in the delivery of accounting related activities and play a pivotal role as the family office evolves.
As the family office oversees an eclectic mix of asset classes (e.g. real estate, bonds, shares, hedge funds, etc) and other interests (e.g. JV’s and investments held personally in trust and in controlled vehicles), the role will inevitably be wide ranging. Key tasks of this “hands-on” role include: –
- The management, support, and direction of a small team;
- Financial/management reporting for a variety of activities held within family structures;
- Establishing and maintaining a multi-layered and analysis system for regular reporting of family income & expenditure and assets & liabilities;
- Responsibility for all financial systems and ensuring that all management and control systems are fit for purpose;
- Liaison with external advisors of the family office including lawyers, bankers, tax experts, and other intermediaries;
- Working closely with investment professionals to understand controlled and fund investments, their cashflow requirements and their reporting ensuring this is managed on a timely basis;
- Preparation of customised wealth and investment reports;
- The provision of personal accounting services for the family members including ad hoc projects;
- Reviewing insurance, property and other operational matters.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) and as a guide only, you will have a minimum of around five years’ post qualification experience (candidates outside this threshold will be considered).
With a keen sense of the high net worth mindset and a strong appreciation of the private client world, it is likely the successful individual will have acquired experience within another family office or other closely aligned institution such as a boutique wealth manager, private bank, private equity firm, trust company or professional services firm (such as a firm of Chartered Accountants).
A self-starter, you will possess good all-round accounting and strong financial/management reporting skills, allied with experience of accounting and related systems. The role would suit a versatile professional who would thrive in an environment that encourages individuals to be proactive and allows autonomy. With superior written and oral communication skills, you will be highly organised with an innate sense of ethical and professional values.
With regards to remuneration, client will be market led. The package includes a discretionary bonus, attractive pension, and other benefits.
True House Partners is a specialist recruitment firm that operates in a number of niche, interconnected markets: family offices, trust & fiduciary/corporate services providers, private banks, private client law firms and wealth management boutiques.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.