Financial Controller (Family Office / London)
An exceptional opportunity to join this family office that will appeal to an individual who wishes to avoid routine and craves for a fast paced and stimulating environment. Due to this well-established family office (based in London) dealing with ever more complex matters, a new role of Financial Controller has been created. Leading a small finance team and liaising closely with overseas offices, you will take responsibility for day-to-day control of the finance function and play a pivotal role as the family office continues to evolve.
As the family office oversees an eclectic mix of assets (e.g. real estate, bonds, shares, hedge funds, etc) and commercial interests, the role will inevitably be wide ranging. Key tasks of this “hands-on” role include: –
- Management, support, and direction of team;
- Monthly/annual/quarterly/statutory consolidated reporting (with supporting commentary) for a number of entities as well as a wide spectrum of other finance related tasks including monitoring the audit and taxes of all relevant companies;
- Establishing and maintaining a multi-layered and analysis system for regular reporting of family income & expenditure and assets & liabilities;
- Responsibility for all financial systems and ensuring that all management and control systems are fit for purpose;
- Liaison with external advisors of the family office including lawyers, investment professionals, tax experts, and other intermediaries;
- Working closely with relevant advisors to ensure that family and other personal affairs are maintained up-to-date and reviewed when necessary;
- Preparation of customised wealth and investment reports;
- Personal accounting services for the family members including ad hoc projects.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) and as a guide only, you will have a minimum of five years’ post qualification experience (candidates outside this range will be considered). With a keen sense of the high net worth mindset and an appreciation of the private client world, it is likely the successful individual will have acquired experience within another family office or other closely aligned institution such as a wealth manager, private bank, private equity firm, trust company or professional services firm (such as a firm of Chartered Accountants).
A self-starter, you will possess good all-round accounting and strong financial/management reporting skills, allied with experience of accounting and related systems. The role will suit a versatile professional who will thrive in an environment that encourages individuals to be proactive and allows autonomy. With superior written and oral communication skills, you will be highly organised with impeccable ethical and professional values.
With regards to remuneration, client will be market led. As a guide, the package consists of a basic salary of circa £85,000 – £100,000 in addition to a discretionary bonus, pension, and other benefits.