Director (Family Office / London)
Director (Family Office)
Six Figure Package
Based in London, this well established family office with impeccable credentials has evolved and expanded over a number of years to reflect the increasing complexity of the matters it oversees. Mindful of succession planning, the decision has been taken to hire a suitably qualified individual who can join the senior executive management team and play a pivotal role in leading the family office.
With a defined career path that could potentially lead to heading the family office in due course this is a relatively unique opportunity within the family office world.
This strategic role will inevitably be wide ranging allowing the successful hire to immerse his/herself in the day-to-day activities of the family office. A formally qualified accountant with an ability to get to grips with complex issues quickly, the Director will support the senior executive management team and undertake a multifaceted role.
Working very closely with family members, this will include accounting/tax related activities, succession planning, operational issues, ad hoc project related work, philanthropic matters, financial/management reporting, strategic planning and compliance matters.
Ideally, viable candidates will have worked for a family office (single or multi)/private office and have a thorough understanding of the idiosyncrasies of this environment.
He/she is may well be leading the finance/accountancy team in current role or possibly assuming No.2 finance role in a larger family office. Candidates who have worked in a similar private client related environment would also be considered.
The successful candidate must have (or be): –
- Degree educated, suitable candidates will possess a relevant professional accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA). As a guide only, approximately 10 years’ post-qualification experience (“PQE”) required. Exceptional individuals with less PQE will be considered;
- Stable career profile with a significant track record of achievement that indicates he/she is ready for a move of this nature and has the credentials to be part of the senior management team;
- Due to the nature of the work, a practical knowledge of tax planning/structuring for UHNWIs would be helpful although a tax expert is NOT required;
- Versatile, and pragmatic with an ability to work autonomously. A preparedness to “muck in” and comfortable turning his/her hand to a whole gamut of matters including insurance, property, legal, IT, HR, and other operational issues;
- Good all-round accounting and strong financial and management reporting skills. Comfortable overseeing more routine matters such as cash flow management, financial control, and preparation of financial statements;
- An appreciation and understanding of the ever-changing regulatory/fiscal/global landscape that could impact the family office;
- First rate communication skills, demonstrable leadership experience, and ability to command the trust and confidence of family members;
- Comfortable and experienced in liaising with various service providers of the family office including bankers, tax advisors, solicitors, and other professional intermediaries;
- A keen sense of the UHNW mindset combined with an instinctive understanding of family and business issues which are germane to the operation of a family office; and
- A self-starter, loyal, hands-on, highly organised with a strong sense of client confidentiality and impeccable ethical and professional values.
Please click the apply button below or for a confidential discussion, please call Paul Avon, Director, for a confidential discussion on + 44 (0)20 7846 0025.
True House Partners is an executive search recuitment specialist for family offices (both single and multi).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.