Financial Controller (Family Office Portfolio Company / Remote working)
True House Partners
Thrilling opportunity for a qualified accountant to join this pioneering biotech as it embarks on the next stage of its growth.
Well established and private equity backed, this biotech company is a pioneer in the harnessing of innovative technologies. As part of the next exciting phase of its growth, a new role of Financial Controller has been created to take responsibility for all aspects of the accounting function.
Headquartered in the UK and with overseas operations, you will relish the opportunity to undertake a “hands-on” role in a multi-national company.
Reporting to the CFO, key tasks include:-
- In conjunction with the CFO, reporting to the CEO and the Board with timely and accurate financial information;
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of the accounting function including the production of consolidated management and financial accounts;
- Managing UK company accounts and IFRS consolidation of international entities including quarterly IFRS consolidation;
- Production of regular reports (monthly and annually) to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts;
- Taking a lead in the preparation of financial plans and budgets;
- Assisting the CFO and Board in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and Board members;
- Establishing and implementing financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation;
- Managing UK and Group audit to ensure proper compliance with all applicable reporting regulations;
- Supporting CFO and CEO in areas such as IT, IP management and other commercial activities;
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported as well as compliance with all tax requirements, such as VAT;
- Liaising with colleagues in overseas jurisdictions.
- You will be a formally qualified accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) who will thrive in a fast paced SME type environment that has a start-up mentality. A versatile, all round accountant you will be a self-starter and enjoy rolling up your sleeves. Analytical and resourceful, it would be beneficial if you have IFRS consolidation experience involving overseas trading entities.
- A listing is a possible consideration as the company evolves and exposure to reporting requirements (e.g. NASDAQ or LSE) would be advantageous;
- As this individual will be working closely with the Board, excellent written and oral skills will be taken as given;
- A science background (i.e. degree) although NOT a pre-requisite would be well regarded.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will work from home with meetings from time-to-time in London (as a rough guide once a quarter).
There is the potential for equity participation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.